I’ve gained experience in the field of communications, food and sustainability. Please review my full resume here.
4PFOODS – Washington, D.C.
Marketing Intern, October 2015 – Present
- Managed the creative content of the company by researching and interviewing its farmers and producers.
- Managed the social media accounts of the company, increasing followers and engaging customers to connect with the company.
- Created a business plan for how to accept SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program), including finding non-profits to partner with, as well as looking for grants to fund the program.
- Composed weekly newsletters, compiling recipes and informing customers of new products and events.
- Organized events such as the Earth Day Party by working with local sponsors, producers and farmers to raise awareness for sustainable agriculture.
COWBELL KITCHEN – Washington, D.C.
Pastry Assistant, September 2016 – December 2016
- Performed all tasks in the production process of baked goods, such as baking cakes, scooping cookies, prepping apples, and packaging the final products for sale.
- Experienced how to run a small food business with a focus on local, sustainable ingredients.
THE URBAN LAND INSTITUTE – Washington, D.C.
Strategic Communications Intern, July 2016 – August 2016
- Crafted the global social media copy for the marketing campaign of the fall conference – the highest revenue grossing offering of ULI.
- Performed various administrative duties such as updating databases, archiving photos, and research to support the Digital Marketing team.
- Updated and edited Urban Land Magazine, the premier publication of the Urban Land Institute.
SPOON UNIVERSITY GW – Washington, D.C.
Co-President and Editor in Chief – September 2015 – May 2016
- Oversaw a staff of 15 writers whose articles received over 55,000 pageviews.
- Researched article ideas, edited articles, and scheduled interviews with people such as Jose Andres and the European Union Ambassador to establish Spoon University’s presence in the D.C. food scene.
- Managed the publication and club by organizing events, holding weekly meetings, and spreading awareness of Spoon University at GW as the premier food resource on campus.
WASHINGTON POST EXPRESS – Washington, D.C.
Freelance Writer – December 2014 – May 2015
- Researched articles, interviewed various businesses and wrote articles for the Dining section.
- Collaborated with my editor on ideas, revised drafts, and underwent the writing process.
CREATE A COOK – Newton, MA
Kitchen Assistant, August 2013 – August 2015
- Conducted cooking classes with the chef that resulted in teamwork and communication amongst the staff.
- Monitored the kitchen, ensuring sanitary conditions and that all produce was properly cared for, resulting in a safe, clean working environment.